Garden Buildings, made to last!
Multi-Purpose Garden Buildings
Because our contemporary garden buildings are fully insulated, maintenance free and designed specifically for year-round use. They make an ideal alternative to a brick extension, a warm, comfortable, usable space at the bottom of your garden. Furthermore, with no mess, no planning permission and a functional garden room in a few short days, what’s not to like!
But what makes our garden building’s so unique?
The answer is choice. We offer a wide range of colours and finishes so your garden room can be personal to you.
But most significantly of all is, it’s Your Choice – The size, the colour, the finish and use!
Multi-Purpose Garden Room
To suit all budgets and needs we offer a multi-purpose garden room or garden studio which can also be used as a garden office. These garden buildings are fully insulated and designed for all year use. Therefore, creating extra space for work or leisure and because our prices for these rooms are all inclusive there is no extra cost to you. All we ask is you have a clear open space ready for your perfect garden room to be installed. Furthermore, there are many products we offer as standard in our prices that other companies don’t – Hence, no costly additions! Need inspiration view our gallery or read our blog on the top 6 uses for a garden room.
Garden Room Specification
- Glazed frontage with one door
- 2.5m external height to avoid planning issues
- Specialised screw pile foundations
- PVCu toughened A rated double glazed windows and doors
- Floor, walls and roof – SIPS (Structurally Insulated Panels)
- LABC Approved
- Internal electrics
- Plastered and skimmed walls
- Internal vapour barrier
- External breathable membrane with ventilation system
- Insurance recognised security locking system
- Girona glass panel heater with 24 hour digital timer
- Wide range of waterproof floor finishes
- Firestone seamless rubber roof covering with a gravel topcoat
- Guttering and downpipe to rear
- Various choices of maintenance free cladding, including Western Red Cedar
- Stainless steel double sockets, USB sockets and dimmable LED down lights
- External LED wall lights
- Double external wall socket
- Consumer unit
- Electrical connection to house – within 30m of the house
- Delivery and Installation (UK mainland only)
- 10 year insurance backed guarantee
Garden Buildings Planning Permission
All our garden rooms, garden offices and garden studios are manufactured to an external height of 2.5M. Therefore, avoiding the need for planning permission. Although, there are a few exceptions to this: if your home is in a world heritage site, a national park, an area of outstanding beauty or if your proposed project includes sleeping accommodation.
If your garden building does require planning permission we act as your agent and prepare all the necessary paperwork and drawings. We will also submit the application on your behalf and attend to any queries that may arise.
For further information on planning permission please see our FAQs page.
For more information regarding our Garden Annexe range please visit our Granny Annexe page.
Finally, at The Green Room we build stunning bespoke garden rooms and we are proud of our reputation. Our garden buildings are constructed to the highest standard but offered at affordable prices. So, if you would like to discuss your project or require any further information please feel free to contact us as we’re here to help.
Garden Building Construction
To protect your investment and to add value to your home we only use the best products available to build our garden rooms. Which are carefully selected for their strength and durability.
- We design and supply one of the most advanced systems available today. The system, which is known as structural insulated panels (SIPs), is a fast track and cost effective building solution. They are tailored to your needs for all sizes of garden annexe, garden rooms and garden studios.
With ever increasing and constantly changing Building Regulations that call for greater U values and air tightness, the SIPs construction method is a modern solution to meet these ever increasing demands. Also, it is a Local Authority Building Control (LABC) approved building system.
So, if you are looking for a leading UK based structural insulated panels supplier, then here at The Green Room, one of our expert advisers will be happy to answer your queries. Alternatively, feel free to browse our website which is full of information on our versatile range of garden rooms. Whether your requirements are based on appearance, environmental impact, cost, space, or speed of build, rest assured The Green Room can tailor our structural insulated panels to meet your needs.
Fascia, Soffit and Corner Posts
- Fascia, soffit and corner post covers are manufactured using Colorcoat leather grain embossed galvanised steel, aluminium and PVCu profiles.
- We use high quality PVCu windows and doors offering the best in glazing fitted with 28mm A rated Argon gas-filled sealed units.
- Colourcoat leather grained galvanised steel, Fibre Cement and PVC wood grain embossed wall cladding offer a long life and maintenance free alternative to traditional finishes.
- The RubberCover EPDM roof covering is seamless and therefore offers a watertight and durable roofing system with a life expectancy of up to 50 years. In addition, to further increase the life expectancy, fire resistance and improve the look of your garden room we add a gravel finishing topcoat.
The Green Room simply offers more choice!
Click on the tabs above to see the many finishes and colour choices that are available to you. Alternatively, see our price guide page.